Incidental fees are for goods and services provided to you which are not essential to your program or study; or where these goods or services are also made available to you in an alternate form, free of charge.
Incidental fees are payable on a user basis and are not generally refundable.
UNSW will levy fees for the following goods/services
The following list reflects common requests and is not exhaustive. Further information on determining incidental fees can be found here.
|Service / Item||Fee|
|Data Verification Request||$60|
|Early Release of Testamur||$125|
|Replacement Transcripts & AHEGS||$38|
|Additional Copies (each)||$15|
|Payment Plan Fee||$100|
|UNSW Graduation Fee||$180|
|Program Application Fee (International)||$125|
|Thesis submission related costs (variable)||GRS Website|
In addition to the above, UNSW may levy fees as appropriate for the following goods/services not listed;
- Goods and services requested, that are not essential to the course
- Alternative forms of access to goods or services essential to the course, but are otherwise readily available at no additional cost by the provider
- Essential goods or services that students have the choice of acquiring from a supplier other than the provider and is for:
- equipment or items that become the student’s physical property and are not consumed in the course (or)
- food, transport and accommodation costs associated with the provision of field trips that form part of the course
- Fines or penalties imposed principally as a disincentive and not to raise revenue or cover administrative costs.
Special Admissions Tests
A provider that conducts a special admissions test for judging the suitability of a person seeking admission into a specialist course may charge a fee for this test.
A special admissions test would be over and above normal admissions services such as enrolling on the basis of an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR), for which a provider must not charge a fee, for example:
- Specialist auditions and interviews such as those conducted by performing arts institutions/faculties,
- Where special expertise is required to conduct interviews and make recommendations on the suitability of applicants for admission.