Here you can find out how to replace your testamur (degree certificate), if you are a graduate of UNSW and your original testamur has been lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged, or if you have changed your name.

Replacement testamurs are issued in the current testamur style, but will show the original date of graduation and the date of re-issue.

Please be aware that if you provide falsified documents to external agencies which misrepresent your qualifications from UNSW, then this could result in one of a range of penalties, from failure in the course or suspension (where applicable), exclusion and/or the matter may be reported to ICAC. As a student, you must be aware of your obligations and responsibilities under the UNSW Student Code.


  • A replacement testamur cannot be issued if the original testamur is still in your possession.
  • If you still have the damaged or incorrect testamur you must return it to UNSW before your application can proceed.
  • If you are no longer in possession of the original testamur, you must complete a Statutory Declaration stating this, and submit it with your application. Stat Dec forms are also available from most newsagents.

What if I have outstanding debts?

Applications for Replacement Testamurs cannot be processed if you have an outstanding debt to the University. Debts include all fees, loans, library fines, housing blocks, Art & Design blocks, ATAX blocks and equipment. Student Administration will contact you if you have a debt. You will need to clear this debt before your Replacement Testamur can be released.

How to apply


AUD $160 for 1 award (AUD $240 for 2 different awards, AUD $320 for 3 different awards).

Payment options

  • Payment must be made by credit card (Visa or MasterCard ONLY) online via the application form below.
  • Personal cheques or cash cannot be accepted.

Proof of Identity

To enable the University to fulfil its obligations under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act (NSW) 1998, you must submit a copy of your driver's license, passport or birth certificate. Your request cannot be processed until you provide this. If you do not have a current driver's license or a passport, you will need to provide copies of the equivalent of 100 points of ID such as medicare card, bankcard, student identity card, electricity bill etc.

If you have changed your name since you studied at UNSW, you will also need to provide evidence of this by providing either a copy of your marriage certificate, official change of name certificate or a copy of other relevant documentation.

Application Form

Complete the online form here. You will require a credit card to make the purchase.

Processing and delivery

Processing time

Please allow 20 working days processing time, not including delivery.

Postage and delivery

Postage is included in the replacement cost. Testamurs will be mailed by registered post to Australian addresses and via courier to overseas street addresses. Please note that overseas packages cannot be delivered to an overseas PO Box, as items must be signed for on delivery. Delivery time is approx 1 week.


Current and past UNSW students can contact [email protected], for further enquiries.

Back to top