An academic transcript is a certified record of your full enrolment history at UNSW, including all courses attempted, results received and awards conferred. It cannot be altered or separated, e.g. between undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.

UNSW is offering the following two service options:

  1. You can request a digital copy of your academic transcript via the My eQuals service. Further information regarding this option can be found below under 'My eQuals Service'. 
  2. You can request a physical copy (hard copy) of your academic transcript (standard or fast service). 

Please be aware:

  • if you provide falsified documents to external agencies which misrepresent your qualifications from UNSW, then this could result in one of a range of penalties, from failure in the course or suspension (where applicable), exclusion and/or the matter may be reported to ICAC.
  • the University will not release any official documents, including transcripts whilst your student account is blocked. Student accounts can be blocked for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to, overdue debts and Student Misconduct investigations.

As a student, you must be aware of your obligations and responsibilities under the Student Code.

Fast transcript service

Fast service transcripts are available to all students enrolled since 1992. Some exclusions apply. Further details can be found below.

  • Fast service transcripts are not available to students enrolled in programs at the Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM) in 2008 or prior. Please use the standard transcript request form for these requests (below).
  • Fast transcripts are issued as your record stands on the day of request. Please check your myUNSW student record and ensure all your information is correct before you submit your request. This includes making sure all your results are finalised and visible on myUNSW; and if you have recently completed your program, that your graduation status is 'Awarded'.
  • Academic transcripts cannot be issued to any student who has outstanding debts with the university. Debts include all blocks including fees, library fines and equipment and other negative service indicators.

How to apply

Fast Service transcripts must be collected from The Nucleus: Student Hub - they will not be mailed to you. A minimum of two copies of your transcript are issued per request.

  1. Complete the application form (for current students) OR application form (for non-current students) providing your personal details, program details and completing an online payment of $38.
  2. Wait for a Ready to Collect notification then collect your transcript in person at The Nucleus: Student Hub.
  3. You will need to present photo ID when collecting your transcript. Please refer to the below information for collection times.


  • AGSM
  • pre-1992 students

Alexander Mackie or the former City Art Institute

Standard service request

This service is for all current and past Kensington, Paddington and ADFA/RMC students.

Please allow 5 working days for your request to be processed and dispatched. Delays may occur during and after main assessment periods. Please allow additional processing time if you were enrolled in or prior to 1968 and have not requested a transcript recently.

Delivery Times for Standard Australia Post can be up to:

  • Australian Metropolitan Areas – 10 working days
  • Australian Regional Areas – 15 working days
  • Overseas Areas – 30 working days

These delivery times should be taken into consideration when choosing a delivery option and before contacting us about delays. These timelines do not include the processing time.

If you have a debt with the university an academic transcript cannot be issued to you.

Please note, refunds will not be issued for a change of mind.

How to apply

Apply here

You will require a credit card to make the purchase. Please ensure you only use English-language characters.

If you have additional request details, e.g. if an overseas institution requires your transcripts to be in separate signed, sealed envelopes, please note these instructions clearly in the comments section.

Proof of Identity

To enable the University to fulfill its obligations under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act (NSW) 1998, you must submit a copy of your driver's license, passport or birth certificate. Your request cannot be processed until you provide this. If you do not have a current driver's license or a passport, you will need to provide copies of the equivalent of 100 points of ID such as medicare card, bankcard, student identity card, electricity bill, etc.

If you have changed your name since you studied at UNSW, you will also need to provide evidence of this by providing either a copy of your marriage certificate, official change of name certificate or a copy of other relevant documentation.


Current and past UNSW students can email [email protected], for further enquiries.

Transcripts being sent to another Australian university or TAFE

There is no charge for transcripts being sent directly to another Australian University or College of TAFE. (NOTE: This does not include Private Colleges, Associations or Registration Boards.) To arrange for your transcript to be sent directly to another Australian University or College of TAFE you need to include the information listed below in your online application.

Apply here

You need to provide:

  • Your UNSW student ID and your current contact details
  • Name and address of the destination University or TAFE
  • Name of the department
  • Name of the contact person
  • The program for which you are enrolling
  • Your application number
  • Your student ID from that institution (if you have one)
  • Please specify if you are applying for credit transfer

Transcripts for evaluation with World Education Services (WES)

If you require your official academic transcript for evaluation purposes with WES (World Education Services), please apply for a digital copy of your official academic transcript via the My eQuals service.

Once you have access to your record on My eQuals, you will be able to share your academic transcript directly with WES through the online portal as it is a registered organisation within My eQuals. 

Charges and payment


The costs of copies are as follows:

Fast Transcript Service:

  • $40 for two copies

Standard Transcript Service:

  • $40 for the first two copies
  • $18 for each additional copy to the same address
  • $20 for each additional copy to a different address

Digital Transcript Service:

  • $20


  • Payment can be made by credit card (Visa or MasterCard ONLY) online.
  • Personal cheques or cash cannot be accepted.

Please note, refunds will not be issued for a change of mind.

Academic transcript request if you have outstanding debts with the University

Applications for academic transcripts cannot be processed if you have an outstanding debt to the University. Debts include all fees, loans, library fines, housing blocks, Art & Design blocks, ATAX blocks and equipment. Student Administration will contact you if you have a debt. You will need to clear this debt before your academic transcript can be released.


Transcripts are normally sent via regular Australia Post domestic and airmail services. Tracking is not available for this service. 

For an additional fee, transcripts can be sent internationally via FedEx or Express Post within Australia, with tracking information.

  • Express Post cost for delivery = $10.50 (1-5 copies)*
  • FedEx - cost for delivery will be displayed prior to submitting your application

*Prices are subject to change without notice.

NOTE: FedEx Delivery

Experience has shown that regular airmail to addresses in North America and South-East Asia can take up to 30 working days to arrive. The only service that can guarantee delivery within a reasonable time frame is FedEx. Additional fees for FedEx vary depending on the country that the package is being sent to (see above table).

FedEx have advised that they cannot deliver to overseas post box addresses, and require a specific person be nominated to receive the package. If you are requesting delivery by FedEx you must include in your request the:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Contact telephone number and
  • Email address or fax number

of the person you are nominating to take delivery of your transcript.

Request for historical program and course information

Electronic versions of the UNSW Handbooks and Calendars from 1957 onwards are available here.

Copies of all Handbooks and Calendars are also kept in the UNSW Library.

My eQuals Service

What is My eQuals?

My eQuals is a platform shared by Australian and New Zealand Universities and further information can be found here:

My eQuals allows you, the student, secure access to your academic records online. You can share your digital academic records with whoever you choose. You can also choose how long you allow a third party to view your records. Your documents will be available on your My eQuals account indefinitely.

Your online documents in My eQuals can only be produced by UNSW and cannot be modified in My eQuals. Therefore, if you give a third party (a potential employer, for example), access to your online academic record, the third party will be able to rely on the authenticity of your documents and not have to undertake a manual back-to-source check to verify your documentation.

Who Can Access Documents via My eQuals?

UNSW students who graduated in or after Semester 1 2018 can access their graduation documents, including their AHEGS, transcript and testamur.

However, if you are a current or past UNSW student, there is now the option for you to access your transcript via My eQuals by lodging an application (see How to Apply).

Please note, your transcript will be issued as at the time of processing and will not be automatically renewed with future enrolment/grades unless you re-apply for an updated copy, or upon graduation from UNSW.

How to apply

If you graduated between Semester 1 2018 and now:
You do not need to apply as you already have access to your graduation documents via My eQuals. Please refer to here for further information or alternatively, contact the Graduations team via [email protected].

If you are currently enrolled, if you are a former student who did not graduate, or if you graduated before Semester 1 2018:

Apply here

Please allow up to five working days for your request to be processed and your documents to be available via My eQuals. You will receive an email confirming when your documents are ready to access.

Current and past UNSW students can email [email protected], for further enquiries.

Back to top