Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions about using our Apply Online service.
How do I register for an 'Apply Online' account?
If you have not already registered for an Apply Online account, you need to create a new account: click the ‘Register Now’ button displayed on the Apply Online homepage.
All you need is a valid email address.
If you already have an Apply Online account you can log in using your registered username and password.
What do I need to complete the online application form?
Provide the following as appropriate to your situation and application:
- Program Preferences: You will be prompted to enter the program code for the program(s) you are interested in studying at UNSW. Search the Online Handbook for program and course information.
- Previous Education: You need to provide information on any secondary, tertiary and other education (completed or otherwise). This includes commencement and completion dates, scores obtained and qualifications awarded.
- English Language Requirement: All applicants, whether Domestic or International, for admission to any UNSW program delivered either in Australia or overseas, must provide evidence that their English language ability meets the minimum requirements for admission. Read more on UNSW's English Language Requirements here.
- Academic Referees: If you are applying for admission to a postgraduate Research program, you will need to provide contact details for up to two academic or professional referees who are able to comment on your most recent studies or professional experience.
How long will it take to complete the online application form?
It will take approximately 15 minutes to complete the application form online.
Your application details will be saved as you complete each part of the online form, so you can log out at any time and return to complete your application at a later date.
Can I authorise another person or organisation to apply on my behalf?
No. You must personally complete the application to study at UNSW. However, UNSW has recognised agents who may be able to help you with your application.
How many applications can I submit?
There is no limit on the number of applications you may submit. However, each application may attract a non-refundable application fee. If you are applying for admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program, you'll be able to select up to 3 preferences in your application.
Are there deadlines for using the Apply Online service?
Check the application closing dates.
Is a payment required to submit an application online?
Yes. An AUD $125 non-refundable application processing fee may be payable (see below for exclusions). Payment can be made by credit card only, using our secure online payment service.
- Domestic applicants: Please note the application processing fee does not apply to applications for honours year programs, postgraduate Research programs, programs offered at UNSW Canberra and postgraduate programs.
- International applicants: Please note the application processing fee does not apply to applications for UNSW Global Diploma programs, postgraduate Research programs and programs offered at UNSW Canberra.
Can someone else pay my application fee?
Yes. With that person's permission you can pay the application deposit fee with another person's credit card.
How can I ensure that I receive emails from UNSW?
To make sure you always receive important emails from UNSW add unsw.edu.au to your address book or safe senders list. This will ensure that emails from UNSW will be delivered directly to your inbox.
When is the Apply Online service available?
The Apply Online service is generally available, except for system maintenance between 12:30am and 2:00am Sydney time. Normal hours of support: 09:00 to 17:00 Sydney time, Monday - Friday, excluding public holidays.
Can I apply for an Honours Program using Apply Online?
Yes. Please visit the UNSW Honours website for details and an application form.
Can I change my application once submitted to UNSW?
Yes, but you won't be able to make the changes online. You will need to submit an enquiry directly to the Admissions team.
Can I track the progress of my application online?
Yes. Once you have submitted your application you will be able to track its progress by logging into your Apply Online account.
Is Help available?
Yes. Help is provided each point in the Apply Online application. If you are not sure what information we need, you can hover your cursor over the question mark to the right of each field.