You need to check and update your personal and degree details in myUNSW, so that you can:

  • Ensure that your degree details are correct
  • Ensure your contact details are correct so you receive all the information you'll need to take part in the ceremony
  • Ensure that you name is correct, as this is the name that will be printed on your graduation documents

The following information can assist you in updating your details:

Sign on to myUNSW

You need to sign on to myUNSW to check your graduation details.

Read the information on the Graduation Details page, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the icon View Graduation Details

If you've forgotten your password

Please visit the Identity Manager website and then click 'Forgot password?'.

If you still can't log in

Contact the IT Service Centre.

If you no longer have login access to myUNSW

Contact the Graduations Team.

Keep your contact details up to date

For graduation information to reach you it is critical that the University has your current contact details, including your mailing address. Please update the following on your My Student Profile tab in myUNSW:

  • Mailing address
  • Telephone numbers
  • Alternative personal e-mail accounts

Degree Status

If you have been identified as a potential graduand for the current semester/term, your degree status will be one of the following:

  • Potential:
    You have been identified as a "potential graduand" for the current semester/term. Your status needs to be reviewed by your Program Authority and all outstanding marks finalised before you will be eligible to graduate. If you are expecting to graduate shortly, ensure that your status is updated to Awarded before the deadline. Contact your Program Authority about updating your status.

  • Awarded:
    You have satisfied academic requirements for your program: your results have been officially released, you have completed your program, and you have been given a conferral date. You are now a "graduand". Once your degree has been conferred you will be a "graduate", and you will be allocated to a graduation ceremony.

  • Revoked:
    Your graduation has been blocked. Please ensure that you clear all your outstanding debts with the University. Debts include all fees, loans, library fines, and outstanding equipment. If your graduation status is Revoked you will not be able to view any graduation information until the block has been removed. Once you have cleared your debt you must contact the Graduations Team to ensure that you have been added to the graduation list.


Please check that your specialisations are shown correctly (Majors, Minors etc.). Majors will be shown on your testamur (degree certificate) and transcript. Minors will be shown on your transcript only.

If you have completed study allowing you to graduate with Honours, check that your level of Honours has been added to your record.

If you believe you have met the requirements to be awarded Distinction or Excellence, check that this has been added to your record. If you are unsure whether you are eligible to graduate with Honours, Distinction or Excellence, refer to the academic rules for your program in the Handbook or contact your Program Authority. See also the University's Policy on Award of Pass with Distinction or Award with Excellence.

Date of Completion

Your date of completion will display in myUNSW once your Degree Status is Awarded. If you require an Award Statement (completion letter) you must wait until your Degree Status is Awarded.

You can request an Award/Enrolment Statement online.

For more options, see our Forms page.

Conferral Date

This is the date on which your award or degree is conferred. Conferral is the administrative process by which your degree is awarded. You are considered a graduate of UNSW once your conferral date has passed. Awards are conferred monthly. The conferral process is separate from the graduation ceremony.

Name on Testamur

In myUNSW check that your Name on Testamur is your full legal name. This is the name that appears on all of your official documents from the University including your testamur (degree certificate), academic transcript, and Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS). Your student record should be held in your full legal name.

If you need to change your personal details you will need to complete the following form.

Correction or Change of Personal Details Request Form

You need to complete this form and lodge it with The Nucleus, if you want:

  • To graduate under a name different from that which currently appears on your student record. You must provide proof of your legal name (e.g. Change of Name certificate, marriage/divorce certificate, passport). Copies of documents will not be accepted unless they are original certified copies.
  • Your name on your testamur (degree certificate) to be in a different order from the University record for you (e.g. you want to reverse the order of your family name and first names). 

Your testamur and student record should show your full legal name. Notify the Graduations Team of any changes to your name immediately.

No titles will be printed on the testamur.
No brackets will be printed on the testamur.

Useful links

You may find the following links helpful as you check your details:

Back to top