While studying in Australia you need to keep your contact details up to date with the University, maintain Overseas Student Health Cover, and adhere to certain work conditions.

Your contact details

You are required to keep your contact details up to date.

You are required to keep your current Australian residential address details and your mobile phone number up to date with the University while studying in Australia. The University also requires you to include your emergency contact details.

You are required by law to inform the University within seven days of any changes to your current residential address. Enter your residential address in Australia in the 'Mailing' field.

You can update your contact address and emergency contact details via - myUNSW

Family visits

Support for your family.

For your family to visit you or attend your graduation, please apply for an Award and Enrolment Statement or contact The Nucleus: Student Hub.

If you would like to bring your family with you to Australia while you study please refer to the Australian Government Office.

You can also review our Bringing family fact sheet.

Student visa work rights

Information on working while you study and post study work arrangements.

Overseas Student Health Cover

You are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of your stay in Australia. If you need a new visa, you must also extend your OSHC.


Back to top