International students studying at UNSW require a Confirmation of Enrolment from UNSW and a visa from the Department of Home Affairs for the length of their program. Students and their dependants can find out their visa conditions, expiry date, study and work entitlements online using VEVO.

How apply for student visa

To apply for a student visa and for information about your application, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.

If you would like to discuss the conditions of your student visa and your studies, please contact us or make an appointment.

Information about

Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)

CoE is an official document containing specific details about your program and tells the Department of Home Affairs of your current enrolment status.

Living and working in Australia

There are specific conditions for living in Australia, such as keeping contact details up to date, maintaining health cover, and capped working hours.

Visa conditions

Learn about your rights & responsibilities under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act.

Information during your study

There are a number of conditions on your student visa tied to your academic choices and progression.

Students under 18

Visa requirements and support for students under 18 years of age.


Relevant forms to help you manage your student visa.

Staff information

Information for Staff about ESOS.

Back to top