Mindfulness is a technique which brings your mind back to the 'here and now' and allows you to focus on the present moment. Learning and practicing Mindfulness can help reduce stress and improve your concentration and memory function. Regular Mindfulness practice will also improve overall health and wellbeing.
Why is Mindfulness a superpower? Check out this great animation from the people of Happify to find out more. [Duration 2:45]
What is Mindfulness? [Duration 2:45] Transcript
How do you do Mindfulness? From the people of Happify. [Duration 2:00]
Laura Kampel discusses the benefits of Mindfulness for students. [Duration 2:02] Transcript
Students on Mindfulness. [Duration 2:08] Transcript
Here are some links to free guided meditations from:
- A Youtube link which takes you to a lot of meditations by the great Vietnamese Buddhist Monk Thich Nhat Hanh
- Another very good teacher is Jon Kabat Zinn
- Miriam Rose Ungunmerr Baumann speaking about Dadirri.
Book list on Mindfulness:
- Mindfulness: Finding Peace in a Frantic World By Mark Williams and Danny Penman
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Emotional Life of Your Brain by Dr Richard Davidson
- The Mindful Brain by Daniel Siegel
- Peace is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Search Inside Yourself by Chade-Meng Tan
Self Reflection space
- How would you describe mindfulness meditation (in your own words)?
- How do you think mindfulness could benefit you?
- How could you start practicing mindfulness today