On this page, you can find links to information about changing your enrolment such as adding, dropping and swapping courses, taking leave from study, or transferring to another program.

Adding, swapping or dropping a course (subject)

Once enrolment has started, you can update your enrolment at any time on myUNSW until the enrolment deadline.

Late enrolment changes

It is still possible to change your enrolment after the enrolment deadline, although there are other deadlines you need to be aware of. Find out more

How to apply for:

  • Program leave
    Find out how to apply for program leave, if you are not planning to study this term/semester.
  • Program readmission
    How to apply for readmission, if you have been discontinued from your program.
  • Program discontinuation
    If you want to stop and not resume your program, you need to apply to discontinue your program.
  • Early exit request
    Apply to graduate from your program early.
  • Program transfer
    Find out how to apply to move from one program to another within UNSW.
  • Cross-institutional study
    If you would like to study at another institution as part of your UNSW program, you can apply for cross-institutional study.

Multiple enrolment rules
You cannot enrol in more than one program at the same time.

Back to top