If you arent enrolled at the relevant census date, and you haven't applied for and been granted approved program leave for that semester/term, you will be discontinued from your program.

If you wish to recommence study, you will need to apply for readmission. If you have been away from study for two years or less, you may be eligible to be readmitted directly into your program through your faculty.

How to apply for readmission

Access the form here

Please use the drop-down Enquiry Type 'Program Readmission Request'.

In your request, please include:

  • Your full name and date of birth
  • Your student ID (if able)
  • Your program of study
  • The term you wish to recommence studying
  • Your reason for returning to the program
  • Why you didn’t submit program leave or notify UNSW of any extended leave
  • Exceptional circumstances evidence - if you experienced circumstances that impacted your study, please provide supporting documents, and explain how these circumstances have now changed

Maximum Time to Complete Program (MTTC) will be taken into consideration when assessing your request. 

Applications must be submitted before O-Week of the term you wish to recommence in order to be guaranteed consideration for that term.

Term dates can be found on the Academic Calendar.

Administrative dates, including census dates, can be found on the Key Dates page.

What happens next

Once your request has been processed, you will be notified of the outcome by email to your nominated email address.

If your application is successful, you will be reactivated for the next available term and you will be free to enrol. 

If your application is not successful, you will be notified and you will instead be required to formally reapply through UAC or Apply Online.

Back to top