The Student Exchange Ambassador program works with selected UNSW students who have been on exchange, are passionate about their exchange experience and wish to share their insight and knowledge with prospective outbound exchange students.
Student Exchange Ambassadors assist the Exchange Office to undertake a number of initiatives related to the promotion and administration of the Exchange Program.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend Exchange promotional events and information sessions
- Give presentations to promote Exchange to a wide range of audiences
- Act as an Ambassador of the University and share their exchange experiences to promote the benefits of Exchange
- Offer informal and practical advice to prospective students on different aspects of the Exchange program
- Assist with the organising and delivery of Exchange events including predeparture briefings, orientation programs, Expo and exchange presentations
- Assist with the coordination of social media campaigns, including Instagram and Facebook to increase student engagement
- Submit a promotional video and write a short summary including images of their exchange experience
- Assist with the promotion of student exchange alumni engagement
- Assist in providing a welcoming environment for Exchange and Study Abroad students
- Assist with admin tasks
How to get involved
There are two application rounds per year.
Application period for T1 2021: 20 November - 4 December 2020
Application period for T3 2021: 21 May 2021 - 4 June 2021
We are looking for applicants who:
• Have completed at least a half year exchange
• Can demonstrate they are able to work as part of a team
• Are happy to give presentations and promote the Exchange Program
• Have positive and constructive attitude and ability to contribute to the promotion of Exchange at UNSW, including engaging in social media
• Have personable and approachable manner and able to communicate with staff and students from all backgrounds
• Are enthusiastic, motivated, and committed to promoting the Exchange Program and the vision of UNSW
Students interested in applying for a Student Exchange Ambassador position should complete the application survey and upload their resume, section criteria and a short video on why you would like to be an exchange ambassador.
Please email [email protected] for details.
The selection criteria should address the following (maximum of 300 words per criteria):
a) How your exchange helped equip you for this position
b) Demonstrated administrative experience and excellent time management skills
c) Demonstrated positive and constructive attitude and ability to contribute to the promotion of Exchange at UNSW, including engaging in social media
d) Demonstrated communication skills, especially with people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds
e) Be enthusiastic, motivated, and committed to promoting the Exchange Program and the vision of UNSW
- Accredited by UNSW Advantage = Yes
(For recognition on Australia Higher Education Graduation Statement)
Availability of activity
Type of activity
Interest area / Advantages
Skills required and/or developed
Contacts and more information
For more information about co-curricular activities, see UNSW Advantage.