The Health and Wellbeing Ambassadors (HWA) is a professional development opportunity for students passionate about promoting health and wellbeing at UNSW.
HWAs work with the UNSW Health Promotion Unit (HPU) to co-design and deliver health and wellbeing initiatives that are informed by student needs, perspectives and experiences.
Students gain experience in peer education, health advocacy, campaign management, communications and content creation, event management and leadership.
What's in it for you?
- AHEGS Recognition
- Free Mental Health First Aid Training
- Further professional development opportunities
- Be involved in award-winning program PASH (Sexual Health)
- Experience in mental health advocacy through Student Minds.
- HWA Assistants - applications close on Friday 17 November.
- HWA Volunteers - applications open all year round.
- Accredited by UNSW Advantage = Yes
(For recognition on Australia Higher Education Graduation Statement)
Availability of activity
Type of activity
Interest area / Advantages
Skills required and/or developed
Contacts and more information
Health Promotions Engagement Officer
For more information about co-curricular activities, see UNSW Advantage.