Student Minds® is the student voice on mental health: opening minds, creating understanding and connecting students with resources to thrive. We are an outreach program driven by students and supported by UNSW’s Health Promotion Unit.
Student Minds® vision is to improve mental wellbeing and resilience of students in the UNSW community by:
- Reducing stigma surrounding mental health
- Increasing awareness of mental health issues
- Encouraging help-seeking behaviour
- Promoting positive psychological resilience
- Providing opportunities for students to develop personal and professional skills.
Want to be involved?
Our volunteers are passionate about student wellbeing and want to create a safe community where students feel supported.
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Come say hi to our friendly volunteers at our outreach stalls at O-week and Stress Less Week to learn about ways to promote your own wellbeing
- Attend our free wellbeing training programs and workshops
- Follow us on Instagram
- Sign up to the Student Minds Snippets newsletter mailing list for monthly wellbeing resources
- Become a volunteer
Term 1 Stress Less Week
This Stress Less Week (week 8) our fabulous Exec team are taking over our socials to share their tips on staying well. Each day a new exec will provide you with a sneak peak of their daily routine, relating to a segment of the Wheel of Wellbeing.
Interested in the Student Wellbeing course?
Together with students This Way Up have developed a Student Wellbeing Program to help you manage your stress and take control of your wellbeing – so that you can get the most out of your university experience!
This Way Up is part of the Clinical Research Unit for Anxiety and Depression (CRUfAD), a joint facility of St Vincent’s Hospital and UNSW.
This is a free course.