Applications are now open for UNSW undergraduate and postgraduate (including PhD students) to participate in the UNSW Centre for Ideas x Festival of Dangerous Ideas – Student Ideas Incubator.
The UNSW Centre for Ideas is seeking up to five UNSW students to participate in the (approx.) five month program. As part of the program, students will prepare a 10 minute talk based on their response to the theme of 'a dangerous idea for the future', using this concept as a starting point to showcase their ideas and area of interest.
This 10 minute talk becomes the foundation of the program, culminating in the presentation of their talk at the Festival of Dangerous Ideas 2024. Participants will be paired with academic mentors along with a voice and presentation coach to finesse their talk, ready for public showing at a world-renowned Festival.
As a part of the program, participants will receive:
- the opportunity to present at the Festival of Dangerous Ideas 2024 (24 – 25 August)
- three complimentary tickets to your Festival of Dangerous Ideas session
- a $250 fee for presenting at the Festival of Dangerous Ideas
- a podcast recording of your live talk
- professional headshots
- content development training
- voice and presentation skills training
- media exposure and promotion via the UNSW Centre for Ideas and Festival of Dangerous Ideas marketing channels.
Applications close 11:59pm, Sunday 10 March 2024.