Deferring your program (putting off starting it) is only for commencing students. It's not an option if you've already completed one or more semesters/terms of study. Find out more about deferment.

If you've completed one or more semesters/terms, and you need to take a break from your studies, you can apply for program leave. Program leave is available for up to one year, more in very exceptional circumstances. Find out more about program leave.

Back to top