The UNSW Law Skills and Mooting Competition allows students to gain exposure in competing and enhancing their practical legal skills and critical analysis of negotiations, client interviewing, witness examinations and mediation.
- Volunteers participate at competitions as a client, assisting the Skills and Mooting portfolio with external competitions and media exposure.
- Student Judges use their experience to give competitors feedback and ways to improve their practical legal skills.
- Student Judge and Volunteer
- Student Judge
How to get involved
Expressions of interest can be submitted via here. Please note this opportunity is available to students of UNSW Law only.
The UNSW Law Society runs a training workshop at the beginning of each year. Additional resources are provided to Judges and Volunteers.
- Terms 1, 2 and 3 - Weeks 1-9
- 2 hours per week
- Total of 20 hours commitment.
- Accredited by UNSW Advantage = Yes
(For recognition on Australia Higher Education Graduation Statement)
Availability of activity
Type of activity
Interest area / Advantages
Skills required and/or developed
Contacts and more information
For more information about co-curricular activities, see UNSW Advantage.