Robogals is a student-run organisation that aims to engage school girls in engineering from a young age, with the long-term goal of increasing female enrolment in engineering, science and technology courses at universities.
Our primary activity is having university student volunteers (both female and male) visit girls (primary and secondary) schools to run LEGO robotics workshops and mentor teams in LEGO robotics competitions.
How to get involved
Application is via the Robogals Facebook group.
Positions and responsibilities
- President - Leads the executive team to fulfil all the Robogals chapter's goals.
- Secretary/Treasurer - Maintains and updates the society's finances and documents as well as general support.
- Schools Manager - Liaises with schools or industry to schedule robotics workshops and other activities, and then organises those activities.
- Lessons & Training Manager - Ensures that volunteers are fully equipped and acts as the CSE liaison to organise the internal logistics for each workshop.
- Sponsorship & Partnerships Manager - Attain funding, establish and maintain good relationships with sponsors.
- Marketing Manager - Promotes Robogals within UNSW and the community, to increase the number of members and serves as the ARC and WIE Representative.
- Throughout the year, the Schools and Training Manager organise various workshops in order to train volunteers on the different workshops we run i.e. Python or Sumo.
- The workshops cater to a broad spectrum starting with an introduction to the society and our cause followed by a run down of the activity. This workshop typically takes an hour.
- Moreover, executive members will be trained by former members during a one on one meeting where the responsibilities will further be explained and shown which takes approximately an hour.
- There is also a yearly SINE (Seminars Inducting New Executives) Conference held each year by the global Robogals organisation which lasts 2 days with various workshops conducted throughout the conference.
All Year round.
- Accredited by UNSW Advantage = Yes
(For recognition on Australia Higher Education Graduation Statement)
Availability of activity
Type of activity
Interest area / Advantages
Skills required and/or developed
Contacts and more information
Eric Souksai & Nitasha Prasad
Email- [email protected]
For more information about co-curricular activities, see UNSW Advantage.