The purpose of the JD/PG Impact Peer Mentoring Program is to help first year JD/PG students make a smooth and successful transition into law school by organising weekly group meetings with trained JD/PG mentors.
The weekly group meetings aim to:
- Create a support network for new students
- Provide a platform to acquire resources and develop study skills
- Create a safe space for students to discuss any difficulties they are encountering, and if necessary connecting them to appropriate people and/or organisations
- Educate about mental health issues and the importance of maintaining positive mental health and lifestyle
- Foster cross-cultural engagement and inclusiveness.
- Accredited by UNSW Advantage = Yes
(For recognition on Australia Higher Education Graduation Statement)
Availability of activity
Type of activity
Interest area / Advantages
Skills required and/or developed
Contacts and more information
For more information about co-curricular activities, see UNSW Advantage.