Assistance with living costs

Abstudy, Austudy, Youth Allowance, Pensioner Education Supplement

See the Government's site for comprehensive information on these and other allowance schemes.

Abstudy - Financial support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in approved programs, available for part-time and full-time study. Information and application forms are available on campus from the Nura Gili Students' Centre, or Centrelink

Austudy - Financial help for full-time students aged 25 years or more.

Youth Allowance - Financial help for people aged 16 to 24 years who are studying full-time.

Pensioner Education Supplement - Helps students with the ongoing costs of full-time or part-time study in a secondary or tertiary course.

Student Start-up Loan - A voluntary loan you can get up to twice a year if you’re an eligible higher education student.

Masters programs approved for income assistance payments

Some Masters programs are approved for income assistance payments through Austudy, Youth Allowance and the Pensioner Education Supplement.

How to order documentation from UNSW to prove your enrolment status

Find out How to order documentation, to prove your enrolment status for Centrelink purposes.

Do you have a Centrelink-related problem?

Arc offer assistance with Centrelink issues.

Back to top