UNSW will shutdown operations from 5pm, Tuesday 19 December 2023 and reopen on Tuesday 2 January 2024.
Most UNSW services will be unavailable during the University Shutdown period. See which services will still be operating:
UNSW Law Library will be open throughout the entire University Shutdown period (Monday - Sunday 9am-5pm) except Monday 25 December 2023.
Mental Health Support
If you are not feeling like your usual self, if you’re feeling nervous, lonely, stressed, or depressed, there is free, confidential help available – people you can talk to any time of the day or night:
- Students in Australia - call the UNSW Mental Health Support line on 02 9385 5418 or text 0485 826 595 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during UNSW shutdown period)
- Students overseas - call Medibank’s Health and Support Line (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week): +61 (2) 8905 0307
- Medical emergency or suicide attempt: Call 000 or go to your nearest public hospital emergency room
- If you are on UNSW campus, call the On-Campus Emergency Support Team: 9385 6666
- If you or someone you know is thinking of taking their own life, call the Suicide Call Back Service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week): 1300 659 467 or use the Online Chat function.
Information about Mental Health Support Services that are available before and after the UNSW shutdown can be found here.