There will be a change to UNSW and The Nucleus: Student Hub services during the UNSW end of year shutdown period.
UNSW will close at 5:00pm Tuesday 21 December and reopen on Tuesday 4 January 2022. If you have a pending form or question, rest assured we’ll get back to you as soon as University services reopen.
Are you planning to return to Australia from overseas?
Find useful information about what you need to do before you fly, Australian entry requirements, vaccinations, getting from the airport to your accommodation, short-term accommodation on campus, and support information on our International Travel Concierge.
Mental Health Support
If you are not feeling like your usual self, if you’re feeling nervous, lonely, stressed, or depressed, there is free, confidential help available – people you can talk to any time of the day or night:
- Students in Australia - call UNSW Mental Health Support: 1300 787 026 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during UNSW shutdown period)
- Students overseas - call Medibank’s Health and Support Line (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week): +61 (2) 8905 0307
- Medical emergency or suicide attempt: Call 000 or go to your nearest public hospital emergency room
- If you are on UNSW campus, call the On-Campus Emergency Support Team: 9385 6666
- If you or someone you know is thinking of taking their own life, call the Suicide Call Back Service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week): 1300 659 467 or use the Online Chat function.
Information about Mental Health Support Services that are available before and after the UNSW shutdown can be found here.