The My home page is the first page you’ll see when you enter Moodle. It displays links to all your Moodle online courses, and alerts and links to activities within them, such as unread forum posts and upcoming assignments. Here you can see at a glance which courses need your attention, and click straight through to the relevant course page.
This page describes the main elements on the My home page, and gives you basic customisation instructions.
You do not need to return to the My home page to move from course to course. You can switch courses using the Navigation block or the Courses block within a course.
The My home page contains the following main features:
Blocks The boxes down the left-hand side of the page...
...are called "blocks". They contain specific information or functions for students in Moodle.
Blocks are items that contain specific information or functions for students in Moodle. To add, move, dock and undock a block, click the Customise this page button at the top right of the page.
Customise your blocks:
To customise a block on your Moodle home page, click the Customise this page button at the top right of the page.
- Adding a block: In the Add a block block, select which block you want to add from the drop-down list.
- Removing a block: Click the settings dropdown menu and select Delete block .
- Rearranging a block: Click and hold the Move block icon
, drag the block up or down the block column and drop it in the desired location.
- Dock a block: click the docking icon at the top right of the block.
- Undock a block: Hover over the docked block's tab at the top left-hand corner and click the undock icon .
Course overview Course overview displays a list of your courses and their recent updates. This section of the page contains a list of the courses you are enrolled in.
Courses missing from your Moodle course list
If you are expecting to find a course but it is not listed, there are a few possible reasons:
- By default this page only lists 5 courses. If you have more, you can switch pages by clicking on the numbers at the bottom of the page.
- Have you checked with your course convenor to find out which, if any, LMS your course will be using for the current semester? You may be looking in the wrong place.
- Your course convenor may not yet have released the course to students. They will tell you when the course will become available.
- If you enrolled late or changed your enrolment, it may not be processed yet. Wait at least 24 hours for any changes to appear in Moodle.
- You may not be correctly enrolled in the course. Check that your enrolment is correct in myUNSW.
- Occasionally a technical fault may delay the transfer of enrolment information from myUNSW to an LMS. This is usually identified and fixed within 24 hours.
- If you know that an online site for the course has been made available in a particular LMS, and you are correctly enrolled in myUNSW, but still can’t see it listed, contact the IT Service Centre to investigate the problem.
In the Course overview page, your Timeline lets you know if any upcoming activities such as assignments and quizzes are due. You can sort the Timeline either by the date they are due or by the course they belong to.
Note that only your activities on Moodle are displayed in the Timeline. Physical exams and assignments that require a hard copy are not displayed here. Refer to your course outline to determine their due date.
Course search Use the search bar when looking for a specific course on Moodle.
Course Overview on Campus Block
- Navigate to your dashboard by logging on to Moodle.
- Turn page editing on by clicking the customise this page button on the top-right of the page.
- Add the "Course Overview on Campus" block through the "Add a block" dropdown menu.
- View your courses by ticking the boxes in the "semester" dropdown menu.
You should now see your courses appear in the block. You can also:
- Hide courses by selecting the eye icon
- Manage your hidden courses by selecting "Manage hidden courses"
- Unhide courses by selecting the eye icon again