This program divides 7-8 first years with 4 mentors from older years.
There are 4 'mentoring sessions' which include the below topics, with additional events run throughout the program:
- Meet Your Mentors, mentees are given the opportunity of meeting their mentors for the first time in a night of fun activities and free pizza
- Ask.Me.Anything Wellbeing Talk, mentors are encouraged to bring their mentees along to listen to guest speakers talk about common problems facing young uni students including LGBTQI and Mental Health
- Adulting 101, uni students are welcome to attend a cooking demonstration held by several guest chefs where they can learn some cooking tips and recipes and taste the goods at the end
- End of Peer Mentoring Picnic, Mentees and Mentors
- Accredited by UNSW Advantage = Yes
(For recognition on Australia Higher Education Graduation Statement)
Availability of activity
Type of activity
Interest area / Advantages
Skills required and/or developed
Contacts and more information
For more information about co-curricular activities, see UNSW Advantage.