Not everyone can travel, and virtual programs allow you to participate in learning abroad without having to leave home.
Would you like to undertake a virtual for-credit internship in Fiji this Summer or in Term 1 2023 working with and learning from Fijian Government Ministries, NGOs, social enterprises, and charities?
General Education course CDEV3300 Global Practice of Work provides the opportunity to undertake a Think Pacific WIL activity for credit towards your degree.
Develop employability skills through a global experience and meet like-mined people while making a real contribution to positive change through contributing to the Fiji National Development Plan and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Virtual internships and projects are focussed on tackling international development issues in support of Fiji’s government, businesses, social enterprises, and charities to implement the Fiji National Development Plan and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Program areas include: business & enterprise; engineering; global health; global psychology; international development; global education, environment, marketing, sports development; and NGO management.
Choose from a four-week, eight-week, or 12-week program.
Program start dates during Summer and Term 1 2023:
- Summer: 16 January
- Term 1: 13 February, 27 February, 13 March, 27 March, 10 April,
You are eligible to apply if you are an undergraduate student at UNSW and have:
- Completed 30 UoC by course commencement; and
- Have Gen Ed 6 UoC available in your degree and are in good academic standing.
Registration fee: $95.00 Program Fee: $805.00*
The costs involved are:
- A placement registration fee, for which students are responsible.
- A Program fee, which will be paid for through NCP funding*.
- The UNSW WIL course tuition fee, for which students are responsible.
* New Colombo Plan (NCP) Mobility Grants are available for eligible students (must be undergraduate Australian citizens at the commencement of the program and able to receive credit for WIL towards their UNSW degree).
- FUNDING: To be eligible for NCP funding students must agree to the Terms and Conditions and meet eligibility requirements outlined HERE
- CREDIT: to be eligible for credit students would need to meet the eligibility requirement to enrol in CDEV3300 Practice of Work as a General Education course (also a free elective in some programs) or receive approval to undertake the virtual placement as part of their Faculty WIL course.
Register now at: https://unsw.aglobal.education/st-application-WIL. Applications close 30th November 2022
For further details: