You haven’t completed your assignment until you’ve handed it in.
It’s important to READ the assignment guidelines in your course outlines and to follow them. Find out how your lecturer/tutor would like assignments presented. and make sure you comply with their requirements.
- Make sure you know the date the assignment is due. Submitting late work usually incurs a penalty.
- Make sure you know where and to whom your assignment should be submitted.
- Most assignments require a cover sheet (available from your school).
- If you are handing in a hard copy, don’t submit in a plastic folder or sleeve (unless you are asked to do so). Staple it in the top, left-hand corner.
- Ensure your essay is formatted correctly. Use double-line spacing and a readable font (for example, Times or Ariel, size 10-12).
- Number pages and set wide margins.
- Keep an extra copy for yourself.
Cuba, I 1998, A Short Guide to Writing About Social Science, Harper Collins, Australia.
Emmerson, L (ed.) 2005, Writing Guidelines for Social Science Students, 2nd edn, Dunmore Press, Southbank, Victoria.
Oshima, A & Hogue, A 1991, Writing Academic English, Addison-Wesley, London.
University of Toronto Writing Centre, Some General Advice on Academic Essay Writing, University of Toronto, accessed 2010, http://writing.utoronto.ca