Need advice about your rights in a rental, private rental or other form of accommodation? We've got your sorted!

Student Support Advisors

If you want to discuss your accommodation options or in need of emergency accommodation, make an appointment with a Student Support Advisor

Study Stays

If you have a complaint about a provider or experiencing any issues on Study Stays please feel free to email us

Free tenancy advice

Get in touch with one of these services who will give you legal advice free of charge.

NSW Fair Trading

If you have a tenancy issue or disputes about a landlord or real estate agent contact the NSW Fair Trading complaint service.

NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)

NCAT is the one-stop-shop for specialist tribunal services in NSW. NCAT deals with a broad and diverse range of matters including tenancy issues. Contact them.


Visa implications

There are lots of myths around visa cancellation, particularly when it comes to seeking legal or medical advice, tenancy and bond disputes, mental health help or drug and alcohol related rehab, and being a bystander during a physical altercation or emergency and calling emergency services for help. These are simply untrue. None of these things will impact your visa. Only the Minister can cancel your visa.

Your visa may be cancelled if:

  • you were non-compliant with visa conditions
  • you did not meet Home Affairs' character requirements
  • you provided false information on your visa application

If you are in Australia or immigration clearance we will usually notify you of their intention to consider cancelling your visa and give you the opportunity to put forward reasons why your visa should not be cancelled. More information. 

Contact an International Student Advisor if you have questions or your visa has been threatened. 

Back to top