On Campus Drop-In Sessions
On campus drop-in sessions will resume next term.
Book an Online One-to-One
Book a Face to Face One-to-One
Book a One-to-One at Paddington campus
One-to-Ones for Faculty of Art and Design students are available on Wednesday at Paddington campus as in person consults. Please see below schedule:
|Paddington On Campus Consults - Every Wednesday for Term 3|
|Coursework Consults||10:30am - 11:00am and 11:00am - 11:30am|
|Thesis Consults||2:00pm - 3:00pm and 3:00pm - 4:00pm|
If you are interested please send an email to [email protected] with the date and time of your appointment.
What happens in a One-to-One?
How many one-to-one consultations can I attend each term?
You can book:
- three consultations per term
- one consultations per week
What happens in a one-to-one consultation?
You can seek advice about any academic skills-related issue. You'll work with an Academic Learning Facilitator (ALF) to explore strategies you can apply to your studies. For example, an ALF might read a draft of your writing, and then discuss ways to improve it with you. You might also discuss strategies for presentations and academic communications, or to clarify the purpose or structure of an assignment. Whatever your one-to-one looks like, we can offer constructive and helpful support.
- correct or check grammar and spelling, or proof-read or edit. Studiosity can offer some extra support, but it’s important to develop your own strategies.
- proof-read or edit theses.
- estimate the final grade of an assignment. That depends on your lecturer or tutor.
- offer subject tutoring. Take questions about content to your lecturer or tutor.
- advise you about content for your assignment. While we can sometimes act as 'sounding boards for your ideas, we focus on skills and structure.
- advise on resumes or cover letters. Visit UNSW Employability for expert advice.
- help with correspondence or applications. Ask a friend for some feedback instead.
- offer individual sessions on exams. They should be completed by you only.
Need more help?
How can I contact the Academic Skills Team?
For all enquiries, please email: [email protected]