If you would like to transfer to another education provider within the first six months of study, you need a release from UNSW.
A release CANNOT be issued if:
- You do not have an unconditional/full offer from another institution - (Conditional Offer accepted where the ONLY condition is requiring for release letter from UNSW)
- You have any outstanding debt to the University
- Your academic progression status is SUSPENDED or EXCLUDED
- Your transfer would result in a breach of your mandatory or discretionary visa conditions
- Your transfer is considered detrimental
- Your request to transfer to another education provider does not comply with immigration policy
Please refer to UNSW Policy on International Student Transfer Between Registered Providers and PRISMS Reporting Procedures.
A release is only granted under limited circumstances.
Please include a personal statement outlining the reasons why you want to transfer to another institution.
If you are applying on Compassionate and Compelling grounds for Release from UNSW please have the authorising professional complete the attached Professional Authority form.
International student visa holder who have current access to myUNSW can apply for a release by accessing My Student Profile tab > My Student Services channel > Online Services > Letters > Log in with zID and zPass > New Application
Follow the instructions and select 'Release Letter'.
Once you have submitted the request, International Student Experience Unit (ISEU) may contact you for additional information or an interview.
Applications may take up to ten (10) working days to process.
When your release has been approved, you will then be advised to discontinue your program via myUNSW. Please DO NOT discontinue prior to receiving approval.
If you don't have access to myUNSW complete the Release Request Form (PDF, 281 KB, 3 pages).
This form is only to be used by students who do not have access to myUNSW. Scan and email the form to [email protected] along with your offer and personal statement.