Trans Vitality is a peer-education and capacity-building program co-designed by and for members of the NSW trans community.
Created by the TransHub team, Trans Vitality centres on self-determination, autonomy, validity and the voice of trans people.
Each workshop consists of four 2.5 hour online workshops consisting of 12 trans community members and facilitated by two trained trans community peers. Across the four workshops, participants will share their experiences, learn from each other, and learn about topics such as mutual aid, trans history, recognising how they care and are cared for by others, advocating for themselves, and telling stories about their lives.
UNSW's Health Promotions Team is currently taking expressions of interest from the UNSW community, identifying as trans, gender diverse, non-binary or gender fluid, interested in participating in this workshop series as part of Mental Health Month 2021.
- Session one: Thursday 28 October 4 - 6pm
- Session two: Thursday 4 November 4-6pm
- Session three: Thursday 11 November 4-6pm
- Session four: Thursday 18 November 4-6pm
TransHub is an award-winning digital information and resource platform for all trans and gender diverse people in NSW, their loved ones, allies and health providers. The platform is an initiative from ACON, NSW's leading health organisation specialising in community health, inclusion and HIV responses for people of diverse sexualities and genders.
The TransHub platform is an invaluable source of information that provides comprehensive educational opportunities for the trans community and allies seeking to learn how to support their trans and gender diverse loved ones.
- Applications for the Trans Vitality workshops close October 18 2021
- Due to the limited capacity of the program and the time commitment, we have asked you to write a short paragraph about why this workshop is important to you and the UNSW community.
- Should expressions of interest exceed the 12 spots significantly, there may be an opportunity for future sessions.
Follow the link below to register your interest.