SciConnect is a Social Network Platform for all undergraduate science students, run on MS Teams. The purpose of this site is to create stronger program cohorts, increase communication across the science community and provide an avenue for students to connect with like-minded peers, socialise and get support from other students. Guest appearances from science staff, academics and relevant student services will also be facilitated.
The site will be divided into channels according to programs and Schools. Trained Student Ambassadors will be responsible for leading content and engagement on each channel of the Teams site, which is what we are contacting you about today.
Become a SciConnect Student Ambassador:
This position is an AHEGS accredited role, which will require you, if successful, to act as a Student Ambassador on the SciConnect platform. Your responsibilities could include:
- Proactively developing and posting content
- Leading engagement and starting conversation threads
- Mentoring your peers on your channel
- Running interactive competitions / events
- Notifying students of opportunities
- Involving other staff/student bodies who can offer advice, support and/or services
- Organising in-person student activities via the site
These responsibilities are just a guide. We want you to add your own unique ideas and flare to your own channel!
More info or please reach out to the Science Education Team at [email protected].
Applications close on 6 June 2021 at 11:45pm.