Blackboard Ally is a service within Moodle which automatically provides students with additional accessible file formats of those uploaded to the course by the instructor.
You can download these alternative formats as needed.
Ally can provide alternative formats for these file types:
- PDF files
- Microsoft® Word files
- Microsoft® Powerpoint® files
- OpenOffice/LibreOffice files
- Uploaded HTML files
These alternative formats can be generated:
- OCR’d version (for scanned documents)
- Tagged PDF (currently for Word, Powerpoint and OpenOffice/LibreOffice files)
- Semantic HTML
- Electronic Braille
How to download alternative file format
To access alternative file format,
- Select the Download toggle adjacent to the specific file.
- Then select the Alternative formats option. This will give you the available formats to download.
For additional assistance with Blackboard Ally please email the External TELT Support team: [email protected]