UNSW Careers is committed to helping you enhance your global employability, and empowering you to succeed beyond the classroom and find employment, throughout and after university.
The resources below are particularly useful for international students and should be used in combination with career development seminars, career coaching session, and all the other Career resources available publicly and by logging in to UNSWConnect.
New to Australia
For the below resources, if they take you to Moodle, the student key is EmployResources.
- UNSW Essentials online module: Maximise your career outcomes
- Job board for UNSW Students
- Student visa holder work rights
- Improving your English skills
- Job searching for International Students
- Starting a new job
- Getting ready to work in Australia
- What the Fair Work Ombudsman can do for you
- Learn about your workplace rights videos
- Fair Work: Making it easier for you to understand your Australian workplace entitlements
- Australia pay calculator
Career focused development programs
- UNSW Professional Development Program
- CDEV1112 Creating your Career: 6 UoC Undergraduate Course
- Univative - A Consulting Competition
- Additional development programs
International student events
Returning to your home country
If you are considering looking for work in your home country, start planning early and make an appointment with a career coach to discuss specific strategies and resources.
The following job websites can also be helpful for returning students:
- China: chinaportal.guccu.org/unsw
- Malaysia: www.graduan.com
- Singapore: gradsingapore.com
- Other Countries: (Sign in via UNSW Careers Online to access full information). http://online.goinglobal.com/default.aspx, https://au.gradconnection.com/, https://cturtle.co/ and https://unsw.gethighered.global/