Standard Letters - myUNSW Service

Current students can apply online through myUNSW for the following Standard Letters. Applications may take up to three (3) working days to process.

You are not eligible to apply for these letters if you:

  • are not enrolled in the current term
  • have any outstanding debt to the University. (Debts include all blocks including fees, library fines, equipment and other negative service indicators.)

Debts need to be cleared before a Standard Letter can be issued to you.

Letter confirming enrolment details

Used to confirm your enrolment at UNSW, this letter details your:

  • name
  • date of birth
  • program of study
  • date of commencement
  • expected date of completion. 

It also confirms the UNSW term and vacation dates and that the language of tuition at UNSW is English.

Students can use this letter as evidence of their enrolment at the University when:

  • opening a bank account
  • renting a property through a real estate agent.

If you are on a student visa, this letter can also be used:

  • to prove your eligible working dates 
  • as supporting documentation when applying for a visitor visa for family members
  • when applying for a tourist visa during the UNSW vacation periods.

Apply online through myUNSW.

Centrelink Letter

This letter can be provided to Centrelink to prove your enrolment details. It details:

  • term and annual study load for the current academic year
  • program and course enrolment details
  • if applicable, the dates of any courses you withdrew from after the census date.

Apply online through myUNSW.

Jury Duty Letter

If you have been summoned for jury duty, you can use this letter to confirm your enrolment status at the University.

You will need to upload a copy of your jury summons letter. Note: This is not the Notice of Inclusion.

Apply online through myUNSW.

Overseas Living Expenses Letter

International students can use this letter to confirm their enrolment and fees at UNSW. The letter details an estimated breakdown of costs based on a full-time study load for the current academic year. This includes:

  • tuition fees
  • living expenses
  • Overseas Health Cover.

Apply online through myUNSW.

Release Request

If you are an International student on a student visa, and would like to transfer to another education provider within the first six months of study, you need a release letter from UNSW. 

Apply online through myUNSW.

Award/Enrolment statements

The Award and Enrolment Statements can be used together to provide verification of enrolment and completion of studies e.g. for a prospective employer or skilled migration application.

Current and past students can find out more about Award and Enrolment Statements and Enrolment Statements.

Apply online through myUNSW.

Back to top