Are you interested in making a positive impact in the lives of others?
Then come join us in our 2021 EcoSoc Peer Mentoring program, as we are opening applications again for 2021 mentors!
What is the Ecosoc Peer Mentoring Program?
EcoSoc’s Peer Mentoring Program lays the foundation for new students to join our community and become part of a growing support network. Our program aims to assist incoming First Year students with the knowledge and support to help them flourish in a new environment and become more involved during the early stages of university life. Mentors will meet with mentees on a weekly basis to chill, give advice and participate in a range of activities together.
Why you should join!
- Personal and professional development
- Develop your leadership skills
- Help new students with their transition from HS to uni
- Get involved and help give back to the community
- Meet like-minded people are become part of a network of talented students
- Close-knit family vibes
- Challenge yourself with a new experience!
- Be provided with professional training and support throughout the entire process!
- Resume boosting
- Training Day(s) ? TBA
What do I need to be a mentor?
All you need is an enthusiastic and friendly personality to be a mentor! (Don’t stress, we’ll teach you everything else you need to know)
Do I have to be studying a commerce or Economics degree to be a mentor?
Not at all! Anyone from any degree or faculty is encouraged to apply.
- Accredited by UNSW Advantage = Yes
(For recognition on Australia Higher Education Graduation Statement)
Availability of activity
Type of activity
Interest area / Advantages
Skills required and/or developed
Contacts and more information
For more information about co-curricular activities, see UNSW Advantage.